Thursday, May 23, 2013

Success!

I have to admit, I haven't given you all a real update in a long time. I have a reason, though. Things don't always go as planned, and as I have learned, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've thought about doing a blog entry about what's been going on the past few months, but I think I just want to put it all behind me. I will start this blog, though, with the first good thing that happened to me!

I checked my student account and saw that I get enough financial aid this summer to pay for all my classes! I was so afraid I would have to take a summer off (I just can't imagine not being in school) and I used up all my financial aid this year... so I was so happy! I even have enough money left over now to get a new-used car (we haven't had a reliable vehicle in a few months.) So, I was double happy!

Later on, I saw on Facebook that a friend got a 4.0. I checked my grades earlier that day and my last grade hadn't been posted yet... but I considered that maybe the site is only updated at the end of the business day. I checked around 6:00 pm and saw this:

Ahhh! Hell yeah! Due to the whole not-having-a-car thing, this 4.0 was VERY well-earned... and not just by me. My sister, dad, his girlfriend, cousin, best friend's dad, and boyfriend all have taken me to school or picked me up so I won't get dropped for non-attendance. I can't thank my family enough for believing in me. I really couldn't have done this without them, really. I just can't express enough gratitude for every person who took time out of their day to drive me 30 minutes away, or to pick me up to go home. I couldn't have done it without you.

Finally, I found out yesterday that I won a pair of Consent Panties off the Vitamin W Facebook page contest! The contest was to write on their Facebook what consent means to you, and a pair of free panties would go to the most intriguing, powerful responses. I entered because I love being given a chance to speak my mind, and because I have a weird thing for panties. I just can't have enough underwear. Anyway, you can imagine my delight when I saw this:



Education, a car, a 4.0, a loving family, and free panties! What more could a feminist ask for?

No comments: